Tuesday, September 13, 2011

[android-developers] Re: info about ARMV6 processor type and phone model

Android only gives you the ability to detect the platform ABI as
armeabi or armeabi-v7a. You can also detect neon extensions to v7a.
That's pretty much it, unless you want to take a non-standard
unsupported approach. You should read the NDK docs for more info.

Doug

On Sep 10, 7:48 am, netuser501 <netuser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the following information : what processor is inside
> the phone? It's a Samsung S5570 and I understand the processor is
> ARMV6. Is it V6 only or V6 + VFP.
>
> I guess I can get the answer if I install Firefox as it only works on
> V7 processors but I think I have read it could work with V6+VFP.
>
> Can anyone tell if the Samsung S5570 smartphone has VFP in it?
>
> I don't know a lot about processor hardware but I understand VFP is
> Very Floating Point and it enhances the capacities of the processor...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pascal

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment