Thursday, September 8, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Publish modified APK to the Android Market without triggering an Update to existing users?

I don't think you can do that.

My users have been understanding of updates that have to go out for
the sake of compatibility with other devices.

I use minor version numbers like 3.0.1, .3.0.2 etc for minor fixes or
compatibility updates, and when they run the app after an update, it
shows what has been updated and I provide further explanation if the
update doesn't affect all users.

Android users should be understanding because they know there is a TON
of hardware out there that we have to support.

On Sep 8, 7:14 am, Paul <idi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to publish a modified APK without triggering an update for my
> existing users. Wondering if I can just upload a new one with the same
> version number as the one that's out there already. Has anyone done
> this?
>
> Why? Because I'm fixing something that is mostly needed by newer
> phone's hitting the market and if existing users see an update they'll
> expect improvements, new features, etc. They've been waiting for new
> stuff for a while and this would just frustrate people. I'm not ready
> to deploy new features just yet, but have a fix that is needed for
> some newer phone's (different screen sizes) hitting the market.
>
> So I'd like to just deploy the modified apk with the same version. Let
> me know if anyone has success doing this and if there were any
> problems encountered. Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment