Saturday, September 17, 2011

[android-developers] Ridiculous Publisher Stats - Anyone had enough???

Okay, I've been VERY patient but I'm getting really tired of GOOGLE'S
UTTER INABILITY TO PROVIDE DEVELOPERS WITH WHAT IS A SIMPLE THING TO
DO, PROVIDE CORRECT STATISTICS OF INSTALLS.

It is important to me to have a finger on the pulse of my app so I can
see if my upgrades and marketing efforts have any effect...

Publisher stats issues have been well-discussed and reported for a
very, very, long time and I see 2 flavors of it. For me, my active
install numbers have been HIGHER than the total installs, what should
be an impossibility. At least Google no longer shows an install %
higher than 100... THAT WAS A CRAPPY "FIX" OF COURSE.

My paid app just did another amazing stupid stat update. It has 119
"Total Installs", and 173 "Active Installs". The active install
number jumped 20 yesterday, with no apparent increase in sales...
active installs has randomly jumped up big numbers in the past... So
am I actually making sales that Google is hiding from me (and keeping
all the profit for themselves???), I certainly wish to doubt this as I
have no proof, but you have to wonder considering how wrong the
numbers they do show us is.

I have reported this directly to them on 3 occasions and get a "brush-
aside" email of we're looking into it... and I never hear from them
again. AND THEY NEVER LIST MY PARTICULAR ISSUE ON THE "KNOWN ISSUES"
PAGE EITHER.

IF THIS AFFECTED GOOGLE'S BOTTOM LINE, OR PERCEPTION OF IT, THEN IT
WOULD BE FIXED or the people responsible fired...

Sorry for YELLING... but this is sickening when I think about it...
Google knows we have nowhere to go and it shows in how they deal with
things like this!!!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment