Sunday, September 4, 2011

[android-developers] Significant Problem with Eclipse Plug-In and Android Resources

I just lost another day's effort due to (apparent) problems with the
Eclipse plug-in.

It was another "R-issue".

This time I was struggling with the following error message: "Your
content must have a listview whose id attribute is
'android.R.id.list'". After much googling around I tried all possible
permutations of @+id, @android:, and different ways of referencing the
item in the code. I cleaned the entire project and libraries several
times. Eventually, remembering other resource-related issues I've had
with Eclipse I simply restarted Eclipse. Voilá - it works. No code
or XML changes whatsoever...

(I have the latest plug-in and current Eclipse version running on
Ubuntu 11.04.)

I'm wondering what reasonable alternatives there are to Eclipse now?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment