Friday, September 16, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Android development Online course at UCI

HI all thanks for the reply.

I hv already read some books and learning android. Yes you all are
right, java knowledge is must. I also have 1 yr working exp on java
development.

But the pt is, how can I show the android knowledge in my resume? How
can a recruiter believe from looking at my resume that I will be able
to do coding on android, if I keep reading from the books and
internet, and even if I am capable of doing good programming of
android?

--Riddhi

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM, jayaram p <jayaram.pappula@gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally feel that http://developer.android.com is the best source of
> information to learn or to teach android.
>  Spend some time in going through the site and also you can learn the
> examples listed @
> http://developer.android.com/resources/browser.html?tag=sample
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Mike <michael.martin.dvm.mph@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I completely agree with Kris.  A million years ago I taught for
>> another very well known university's extension program.  Some of my
>> students went on to be very highly skilled programmers.  I like to
>> think my courses contributed at least a little to that, but it was
>> nowhere close to the same as a CS degree from our parent university.
>> On the other hand, it was a lot better than our students could get
>> during their remote military assignments otherwise.  So take the
>> course for what it is worth and then keep learning.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Sep 15, 2:24 am, Kristopher Micinski <krismicin...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Nency Robert <angelgirl4...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> > > HI All,
>> >
>> > > I am new to android development. As I am still in learning phase, I
>> > > have searched so many courses and materials on google for it.
>> >
>> > Online materials are good, especially the android site and related
>> > books, but you'll want some good experience with Java first.  Also a
>> > CS background (systems, especially) may help you understand the design
>> > decisions in android, etc...
>> >
>> > > I found one interesting course which is online. It is held at
>> > > University of California, Irvine Extension. I am planning to enroll
>> > > for this course.
>> >
>> > > So anyone have any idea about how the course is, please let me know.
>> > > This course costs about, $650. So before I enroll for it I want to
>> > > know how useful it will be for me to get job after completion of it.
>> >
>> > I would say that you would almost have zero probability of getting a
>> > job because you took a course in Android development.  However, if you
>> > aren't at a point where you can figure at least a little of it out
>> > without instruction, you might want to look at Java development (and
>> > traditional CS in general).  I.e., no single course is going to make
>> > you become a good programmer (who train for years to be proficient)
>> > and get a job.
>> >
>> > This isn't to say that the course has no merit:  surely they point
>> > things out to you that you might not have figured as quickly alone,
>> > and the extra pressure of a course forcing you to do assignments on a
>> > regular basis changes things as well.
>> >
>> > > I also want to know if anyone has any idea about it, what is the
>> > > difference between University of California Irvine and University or
>> > > California Irvine Extension degree. Are these both same collage or
>> > > different?
>> >
>> > Completely separate entities, UC Irvine is an internationally
>> > recognized institution, an extension degree would a) take much more
>> > than one class, and b) is not held to as high a standard as a
>> > traditional CS degree from the actual institution.
>> >
>> > Kris
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment