Saturday, March 17, 2012

[android-developers] Re: application failing on similar devices

The adapter takes a Cursor that's a product of a single SQLite query.  On my device I can toggle between the two adapters almost instantly, with virtually no wait time - I can touch each button alternately as quickly as I can physically with no problems in rendering (dozens of times in a few seconds), yet on his device a single touch creates the issue.  Can there really be that much difference in the two devices (mine is a Samsung Galaxy SII on 2.3.6, his is a Samsung Nexus S on 2.3.7)?

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:49:34 AM UTC-5, Chris Mawata wrote:
Looks like it is taking too long to populate the ListView. You are
probably doing
work on the UI thread that takes more than a few seconds.

On Mar 16, 7:34 pm, momo <dun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I debug with a Samsung Galaxy SII, running 2.3.6.  I created an app that
> runs fine, every time, even under stress, on this device.  I uploaded for a
> colleague in another state, using a device with 2.3.7 (I believe it's a
> Nexus One).
>
> On his device, the app gives a "Not responding - Force Close or Wait"
> dialog when clicking a button that switches a ListView's adapter between 2
> DB Cursors.
>
> I tried on the emulator.  Literally an hour and 45 minutes later (most of
> this time was spent converting JSON from a remote server to a local SQLite
> DB on the device, which happens only once during install, and I don't
> believe has any bearing on the issue I'm describing), I was able to
> recreate the problem, but nothing was reported in logcat.
>
> Any ideas why I'm seeing this different results?  My device works every
> time, his fails every time.  I've tried targetting 2.1 and 2.2 - both have
> the same results on both devices and the emulator.
>
> TYIA
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment