Thursday, March 29, 2012

[android-developers] Re: release keys do not work

When I recently switched to a new computer and created a new keystore
and various alias keystores, my release keys no longer work. The debug
key is OK (for debugging only)

For example, I gave their site this MD5 fingerprint:
C0:28:EE:1F:D7:59:C3:5F:4B:5F:4F:F4:40:8F:6B:78

and was given this:
android:apiKey="0VhiLw2B2QaMVlZjc1cqpMVo5SK0z4Ctm3f5oAQ"

which does not work

I have published numerous apps before and am fairly sure that I am now
signing them correctly for Export

I had the same problem a year or two ago. I believe that Google is not
registering my key

Last time, I wrote them about it, and a few days later the release key
began to work, odd as that sounds

This must be a rare problem, and perhaps due to my account
registration being confused 3 years ago (?)

Any suggestions, as I cannot update or publish new apps till I figure this out?


- Ian

On 12/2/10, i b <fundyandroid@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a problem for the last week that the release keys I derive
> using keytool or the Export .apk do not function. The map pages show
> up blank. When I reinsert my debug key instead, everything works
> fine.
>
> For example I have a MD5 fingerprint
>
> Keystore type: JKS
> Keystore provider: SUN
> Your keystore contains 3 entries
> alias77, Dec 1, 2010, PrivateKeyEntry,
> Certificate fingerprint (MD5):
> AC:F5:3B:F5:E4:01:CA:B0:A5:D0:67:91:16:CE:05:3C
> alias7, Nov 30, 2010, PrivateKeyEntry,
> Certificate fingerprint (MD5): 98:E4:24:BB:
> 03:84:A9:76:67:B3:0D:B7:16:89:AB:85
> alias00, Dec 2, 2010, PrivateKeyEntry,
> Certificate fingerprint (MD5): C7:19:8F:5E:A5:59:E7:5A:DC:B0:ED:EA:BF:
> 57:5F:EB
>
> Using the last of the above, alias00 above as input, Google offered
> this release key:
> 0VhiLw2B2QaNSmcZKtY-R5Qf40AL9adtEmlpbnw
>
> Everything seems normal but this key does not work. Just inserting it
> where my debug key was before, causes the maps to come up blank.
>
> I don't understand how this could happen.
>
> Because of this key problem, I have had to unpublish my five apps as
> arecent download customer complained that the maps failed to work for
> them either.
>
> Now it seems to me that because I never had an uninstall or complaint
> from any other customer before, that all my apps must have been
> working OK till just a few days ago.
>
> I made no code changes yet my published apps ceased to work. I believe
> this unusual problem is not my fault but rather due to a flaw in the
> way the release key is generated or recognized by Google.
>
> This is a major problem for me and I need some assistance ASAP.
>
> - Ian in Nova Scotia
>
>
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment