Saturday, July 21, 2012

[android-developers] AdMob tutorial doesn't work (for me).

Hello,

Surely, this feature is too important not to work property, so I must be doing something wrong here, however, I've followed the directions in the tutorial and the app crushed within a few moments after loading. I also tried downloading the code, importing the project and jar and got the same results - it just crushes about 5 seconds after loading with an "Unfortunately... has stopped" alert. I noticed that if, in those 5-10 seconds, I try to hit the 'back' button it won't back and after one hit won't even respond (no vibration from the device).

What's more surprising to me is that according to Eclipse the AndroidManifest.xml that comes with the code from the site has an error in it (seriously, how can that be ??? )

 I tried to fix it myself but I'm still getting the same result.

I'm attaching screen shots of the code, the AndroidManifest.xml and the Logcat. I have an account on AdMob and added an Android app, which I received a Publisher ID for which i've put in the code. I believe I have downloaded the latest Android SDK and AdMob since I've just downloaded them from the official sites recently,then update everything withing Eclipse. I have put the .jar in a lib directory within the project and added it like the tutorial said. I coded my program exactly like the tutorial said and the app crushed shortly after loading.

I then checked the AdMob.jar in
Properties -> Java Build Path -> Order and Export since someone on another board had suggested to me to do so, though I figure it should have been added already and that it wouldn't compile otherwise but anyhow that didn't matter.

As I realized the AndroidManifest.xml actually had errors in it, I tried to modify it myself a bit according the how Eclipse has suggested but that didn't help either. Seriously, I can't figure out how something so important can not work. Everything else I've tried with the other tutorials has worked pretty smoothly for me.

I'm attaching screen shots of the Manifest along with the code and the Logcat, hoping someone here could tell me what in the world I'm doing wrong here...



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment