Saturday, July 28, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Using eclipse with the NDK?

Thanks to you and Nikolay for the help - I had missed the "how to" although I pieced it together from stackoverflow. I had tried that before posting, unfortunately.  I'll take my future discussion to the ndk group so spooky won't embarrass himself further.

On Friday, July 27, 2012 5:33:00 PM UTC-7, goodG wrote:
Start from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/installing-adt.html

Using the URL provided in the Eclipse package manager you will see 2 options, 1 about generic development with Android, the second one about Native development ( aka "using the NDK" )

Install both of this 2 options, or make sure that you have correctly installed this 2 plugins.

The last thing to do is to set the path for your NDK in the settings menu:

Window > Preferences > Android > NDK

Now you have the NDK integrated with your Eclipse IDE. For each project you have to manually enabled the native support, do it this way:

right click on your project in the tree folder view > Android Tools > Add native support

now if you right click again on your project you will get the options that you need to deal with C/C++ code under Android and the NDK build process.

Il giorno sabato 28 luglio 2012 01:59:13 UTC+2, SChaser ha scritto:
Does anyone know where to find instructions for using Eclipse for generation of code and debugging the native part of a mixed Java/C project?

I didn't see it in the r8b docs, which appear to be totally command line oriented.

Googling so far hasn't turned up anything that works for me (Windows, Cygwin, Indigo).

I have an existing app but have never been able to do breakpoint debugging in the C part of the code (and yes, I need C for very high performance for a little part of the app). I guess I could use gdb (if I can get it to work, but would prefer to use eclipse).

Is there a reason why this isn't documented? Is it not really ready for use? Or am I just not finding the documents/

Thanks in advance


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment