Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Re: getting this error The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Cyrille Paulhiac <cyr.paulhiac@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> So I rolled-back to JAVA 1.6, delete my key from my current keystore, and
> re-create one (same name) with "SHA1withDSA"
>
> I thought that will solve my signature problem, but when uploading it in
> Google Play I encounter the message:
>
> "The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version."
>
> I'm really disapointed, the purpose of the new update was specifically to
> change my current certificate !
> What can I do to release my application ?
>

I hope you have a backup of the original keystore. To change the signature
you only need to change the parameters you pass to jarsigner, not the
actual key. You are required to use the same key if you want to update
the application on the Google Play store.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment