Thursday, December 6, 2012

[android-developers] Re: App disappearing from my user's phones after update with "preferExternal" install location in Manifest

Is it the app disappearing or a widget from the app?

Also have a read of:
http://android-developers.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/things-that-cannot-change.html

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:54:04 PM UTC, Paul wrote:
Here's my question on Stackoverflow discussing the problem (no answers yet so posting here). I have workarounds that I can give to users that email me, so not looking for that.

Can anybody tell me what is going on here ? 
Will deploying another update with "auto" as install location fix these problems and prevent them in the future? 

And I would love to know why Google doesn't put a note in their docs like "warning: preferExternal will cause your app to go bye bye for some small percentage of your install base". Seriously !!!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment