Tuesday, December 18, 2012

[android-developers] Re: Is it possible to reduce the variability of camera shutter lag time?

Rewrite the app to capture camera preview frames and you can process the frames yourself without having to "take a picture".  


On Monday, July 30, 2012 2:55:52 PM UTC-4, greg wrote:
Given a known periodic motion (e.g., walking), I'd like to take a full resolution snapshot at the same point in the motion (i.e., the same time offset within different periods). However on the Nexus S (currently running OS 4.1.1 but the same was true of previous OS versions), I'm seeing so much variability in the shutter lag that I cannot accurately plan the timing of the snapshot. Is there anything I can do in the application to reduce this shutter lag variability? (In this application, the mean lag can be any duration but the standard deviation must be small ... much smaller than the 0.5 s standard deviation I am seeing.) I'm hoping someone has a clever suggestion. If I don't get any suggestions, I'll post a feature request in the Android bug tracker.

I've posted the same question (and showing a histogram of camera shutter lag times) at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11727240/how-to-reduce-the-variability-in-android-camera-shutter-lag

Thanks! -- Greg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment