Wednesday, December 19, 2012

[android-developers] Re: UI getting slow on video playing

Shashidhar wrote:
> Hi,
> In my application, I am majorly doing 2 things.
>
> 1) some part of the screen plays video
> 2) The remaining part of screen has a set of text views and I am updating
> them every one second.
>
> For playing video, I am using surface view approach and for updating
> textviews, I am using an async task which updates UI in onprogresschanged()
> method every one second.
>
> With this approach, the textviews are not getting refreshed with the latest
> data every one second. The refresh rate is keep on changing. Some times
> they update for 10 sec etc.
>
> When I comment the video playing code, the textviews are getting updated
> every 1 sec. properly.
>
> Can any one suggest me a approach such that both the video playing and
> textview updates on UI occur properly with out any delay?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Shashidhar

what async task?can you be more elaborate?

pskink

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment