Sunday, December 16, 2012

Re: [android-developers] How to sync development projects?

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Piren <gpiren@gmail.com> wrote:
If its already on SVN, all you need to do to access it on the Laptop is just Checkout the code and thats it... then any update can be commited or merged easily (and still be "available offline").

My Repo is local and lives on my PC, not in the cloud. I can't commit, merge, or sync to it from the laptop if it's not connected to my home network. So the repo becomes useless when I'm siting at an airport. Hence making the repo itself a shared folder which can be accessed offline on the laptop. Then I can work to my hearts content remotely and sync back up when I get home. Make sense?

Unless you know of a way of connecting to a repo on a PC from a laptop without being on the same network that I'm not aware of?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment