Monday, December 17, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Oauth2 'Signing In' screen

Thanks Greg.

those links look really useful for authenticating to non-Google services but I want to use Google Play Services and the utility methods in GoogleAuthUtil because I'm guessing that users are going to become more familiar with the standard Google authentication dialogs going forwards.  I guess this also means they will get used to the black 'Signing in...' screen as well: it just looks odd when it suddenly pops up and then vanishes. 

Nick


On Monday, December 17, 2012 12:36:47 AM UTC-5, Greg Donald wrote:
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Spiral123 <cumi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just in the process of upgrading my apps to use Oauth2 and Google Play
> services.
>
> All seems to be going well except that after authorizing my app Google Play
> services swaps from the nice white confirmation screen to a full black
> screen saying 'Signing in...  This can take a few minutes'.  I know that
> when you first setup a Google account it is possible to take multiple
> minutes to do the initial sign on but in my testing this screen appears for
> typically less than a second.  Apart from looking ugly it could be a
> disconcerting for a user - especially if you are not expecting it.
>
> Anyone got any ideas for how I could remove the message or at least
> substitute it with my own indeterminate progress indicator?


I wrote a set of wrapper URLs around OAuth2 so I could more easily
customize my interface and the login process on Android.  You're not
tied to Android just because you want to use OAuth2, it's just a web
service that happens to have some hooks in Android.

Here are a bunch of the URLs I learned from while writing the wrapper code:

http://gregdonald.com/2012/04/25/google-single-sign-on-using-django/


And this was a major help too:

https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/



--
Greg Donald

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment