Wednesday, February 6, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Galaxy Nexus has died - did my app kill it?

Do you ever bring your phone into a sauna?  This can be bad for it.



On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:59:30 PM UTC-6, Nathan wrote:
I hope my app didn't it. I've spent time debugging my app on it - it is my most intensive use of it.

A month ago, it started displaying the charging symbol when it was not charging.

Once in a while, it will freeze hard and the battery must be pulled to reset it.

Thinking this was a battery issue, I ordered a new battery. It is a Samsung extended battery with its own cover.

It still showed charging when it wasn't. It still would freeze once in a while and need a battery pull. This caused me to suspect some internal connections like USB or battery terminals.

This morning it froze while debugging my app. It would be great to discover if it is caused by my app, so I can find out what I did wrong.
But alas, I won't be able to use it for this debugging.
It never came back to life since.

I know the Galaxy Nexus is used by lots of developers. Have yours all worked?

Nathan

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment