Saturday, February 2, 2013

[android-developers] Unpublishing an APK

I uploaded a new APK and discovered a bug a stupid oversight (I forgot
to turn off my debug flag). I quickly fixed it, updated the manifest
with a new version code (but kept the same version name) and uploaded a
new APK. Elapsed time from the mistake until the correction was about 5
minutes. I am assuming that since the bad version was only there for
minutes no one will ever get to download it.

This got me thinking whether there was a better way to handle this.
What do I do if I upload a bad APK but need a few hours or days to fix
it? Is there a way to remove the latest APK and restore the APK that
was prior to it? It see the "unpublish" option that I think that would
remove the entire app from the store.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment