Friday, February 1, 2013

Re: [android-developers] Re: AppWidgetProvider onDeleted vs onDisabled


On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Jake Colman <jake.colman@gmail.com> wrote:
1) Press on homescreen to install the widget
2) Configuration activity is displayed.  Press back arrow to exit.
3) On CM7 (my test phone) the "resize widget" activity is displayed.

I think you may have a bad build of CM. I have CM7 as well on my G2X and when I back out of my configuration Activity, the resize control is NOT displayed, as expected.
 
That said, I tried on an emulator and after starting my config activity, if I back out, the widget instance has onUpdate called but never deleted, resulting in onDisable never being called.

I checked the bug database and I think you're suffering from this:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2539

Not sure what you can do about this ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment