Friday, March 29, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Why aren't there OpenGL ES 2.0 tutorials for Android on Youtube?

Why not take a look at the BasicGLSurfaceView sample?


Thanks.



On Friday, March 29, 2013 2:23:50 AM UTC-5, tom_mai78101 wrote:
I'm looking around on Youtube for tutorial videos on how to use OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android, and I see that there aren't any available online. I'm not exactly looking at using OpenGL ES 1.X, but I'm okay with it. It's just that the number of OpenGL ES 2.0 tutorials are somewhat few and rare.
 
I know that there are websites and blogs that teaches you OpenGL ES 2.0, how to use them, and how to work with shaders and things like that. Well, I did followed a few of their tutorials, and this is what I got from them.
 
The attached ZIP file is my current OpenGL ES 2.0 project that I self-taught myself just by reading the online tutorials about OpenGL ES 2.0. The results aren't exactly like what I anticipated.
 
I'm already into lesson 2, displaying a 3D model mesh. It was supposed to show up as a regular green cube mesh, with no lightings and textures. The actual result I got is a flatten pyramid with its top cut off, like this shown below:
 
 
Since I don't know why a cube looked like in the picture above, and not like a regular shaped cube, I figured I try looking up a video to see how OpenGL ES 2.0 for Android was coded in real-time.
 
It's a letdown when what I (supposedly) typed in doesn't look what I expected, and that there's no clue to how it happens like that. Which leads me to question the problem with the lack of OpenGL ES 2.0 video tutorials. They help tremendously when the program was coded and run in real-time, from another developer's perspective.
 
So, why the lack of these video tutorials? Thanks in advance.
 
--------------------
 
Or you know, if someone is willing to help me debug and solve the problem, I'll be even more happier to let that person to help me out, and teach me something I don't know or didn't grasp when I was learning it myself. That would be grateful.
 
 

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment