Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Re: [android-developers] Digest for android-developers@googlegroups.com - 19 Messages in 7 Topics

Hi

   could you help me with android ssl connection??how to create keystore and if somebody provide me sample example so it would be good for me.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM, <android-developers@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/topics

    Kenny Wyland <specialk@gmail.com> Mar 26 11:07PM -0700  

    I'm testing my first In App Billing code. I've tested using the static
    response skus and everything is working properly. So, I want to test with
    my real product skus.
     
    I uploaded a new version of my app with the Billing permission, but didn't
    publish it.
    I added a test account to my list of test accounts in the Google Play Dev
    Console.
    I reset my tablet and set it up again using that test account.
     
    When I tried my first test purchase, it required that I enter Credit Card
    details. I was worried that it would actually charge my card, which is
    obviously not good when going through a development cycle because you have
    to run many tests. I asked on StackOverflow and was told that it either a)
    wouldn't charge me or b) I'd be able to refund the money.
     
    Well, I was charged and when I tried to refund the purchase in my merchant
    account, it told me it would cancel the order but it wouldn't refund any of
    the money. So, that sucks.
     
    How can I run test purchases with my real skus without getting constantly
    charged on my credit card?
     
    Kenny

     

    Nikolay Elenkov <nikolay.elenkov@gmail.com> Mar 27 03:15PM +0900  


    > Well, I was charged and when I tried to refund the purchase in my merchant
    > account, it told me it would cancel the order but it wouldn't refund any of
    > the money. So, that sucks.
     
    If you cancel the card is not charged at all. You can only refund
    after it has been
    charged. Charging takes at least a couple of hours, so if you cancel
    before that
    there is no credit card transaction. The only problem is that if you do this
    too often, your test account may be blocked temporarily and return some weird
    status ('you are not allowed to purchase' or some such).
     
    HTH

     

    Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@gmail.com> Mar 26 07:17AM -0700  

    Ok I am debugging threads.
    But it seems that all threads are waiting for the "i/o thread", I mean the
    one waiting for libcore.io.posix.poll
    To me this thing seems right, I do not understand why i/o thread newer
    wakes up.
     
    Il giorno lunedì 25 marzo 2013 11:08:52 UTC+1, Mario Giammarco ha scritto:

     

    bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com> Mar 26 07:36AM -0700  

    Sounds like a blocking socket operation that is blocked.
     
     
    What type of I/O are you doing? TCP over Wifi?
     
     
    Thanks.
     
     
     
    On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:17:04 AM UTC-5, Mario Giammarco wrote:

     

    Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@gmail.com> Mar 26 05:43PM +0100  

    My app connects to an activemq server using stomp protocol ( a text
    based protocol). I so open a socket over wifi or UMTS Then the socket
    is kept open because there is a bidirectional asynchronous
    communication.
    I supposed a thread deadlock but my app installed on a 2.3 android
    works perfectly and for perfectly I mean that there are 50 people that
    are connected to the server each day since last year so it is very
    strange that noone have experienced at least a lock. So now I suppose
    that it cannot be a deadlock.
    This lock happens just after the tcp connection is established (syn,
    ack, syn/ack).
    In 2.3 it does not lock so the app can send the first message and the
    receive the first reply.
     

     

    bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com> Mar 26 01:07PM -0700  

    I would make sure to test it over Wifi as UMTS can be flaky.
     
    Also, how do you know none of the users has had a problem over the past
    year?
     
    If they did have a problem, I wouldn't assume they reported it to you.
     
    Thanks.
     
     
     
    On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:43:29 AM UTC-5, Mario Giammarco wrote:

     

    Kostya Vasilyev <kmansoft@gmail.com> Mar 27 02:10AM +0400  

    Not sure why you'd have "all" threads waiting for i/o.
     
    There should be binder threads, typically in native code, and the main
    thread, typically in MessageQueue.nativePollOnce.
     
    Do you set a timeout for your network calls?
     
    -- K
     

     

    Captain Comando <samanamca@gmail.com> Mar 26 06:42AM -0700  

    I am using Google Maps API V2 in my Android application. As you can see in
    screenshot I have FragmentPager and there is a fragment which include
    google maps v2. On the device Galaxy Note 2 i have problem with displaying
    map content. On other devices maps works without any problem and displays
    added markers and lines. As you can see that it displays only background
    image of my activity. I already tested my application on different devices
    but only Galaxy Note 2 has problem.
     
    Any idea about solution?
     
    Thanks.
     
     
    <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-AV7jmOb_iCs/UVGlp6w7F5I/AAAAAAAAAAM/aCA_TkaI5sw/s1600/fuwXL.png>

     

    samanamca <samanamca@gmail.com> Mar 26 04:47PM +0200  

    It is icon of "Insert SIM Card" notification. Internet connection is not
    problem because device connected to internet using wifi.
     
     
    2013/3/26 bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com>
     

     

    lbendlin <lutz@bendlin.us> Mar 26 09:06AM -0700  

    And you are sure it works on other devices when they have their SIM card
    removed?
     
    On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:47:46 AM UTC-4, Captain Comando wrote:

     

    samanamca <samanamca@gmail.com> Mar 26 06:40PM +0200  

    Yes, I removed all of sim cards and again map works on other devices except
    Note 2.=(
     
    2013/3/26 lbendlin <lutz@bendlin.us>
     

     

    bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com> Mar 26 10:33AM -0700  

    Can you create an emulator that is basically a Note 2?
     
     
    Thanks.
     
     
     
     
    On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:40:08 AM UTC-5, Captain Comando wrote:

     

    samanamca <samanamca@gmail.com> Mar 26 08:50PM +0200  

    Actually there is an other issue that. In same application I used Maps V2
    in an other Activity. That Activity contains only one fragment and i
    inserted GoogleMapsV2 into that fragment and there isn't any problem with
    map. I can see map content and markers.
     
    I think the problem is with FragmentPager.
     
     
     
    2013/3/26 bob <bob@coolfone.comze.com>
     

     

    Jxn <anders.jackson@gmail.com> Mar 26 10:18AM -0700  

    You want the app to be able to be transfered, installed and executed, don't you?
    That means that it has to be read each step. That means you always can decompile it, can't you?
     
    So no, this can't be done, but you can make it harder to understand the code with good obscuring programs that rename methods etc. You could develop another compiler the decompiler has problems with. But that is just obscuring your code, not stop anyone from decode your program.

     

    Kristopher Micinski <krismicinski@gmail.com> Mar 26 01:21PM -0400  

    You can't always "decompile" the code to something sensible.
    Decompilers work based on (generally) pattern matching what a compiler
    would generate. If you change assembly sequences you can break a
    decompiler. So no, you can't *always* decompile it, for most
    definitions of what a "decompiler" is. (And they're usually tuned to
    a specific compiler's output.)
     
    Decompilation is a tricky process. Usually disassembly is really all
    you need, and you can obviously always do that.
     
    Kris
     

     

    Pent <support@apps.dinglisch.net> Mar 26 10:17AM -0700  

    Just got a link to the report for February, about 2 weeks late I
    believe.
     
    Only about half of the entries are there.
     
    There's a 'Known Issue' with Play Store support about 'Mismatches in
    Monthly Payout Reports', I guess that's the 50% missing entries issue.
     
    Does anyone know how long that 'Known Issue' has been there ?
     
    Thanks,
     
    Pent

     

    Arun Kumar K <arunkumar.k@npcompete.net> Mar 26 07:06PM +0530  

    Hi Friends,
     
    I have a doubt in activity destroy.
    1. When the activity is destroy without calling the in-built method like
    (on-destroy,finish, is Finishing) and without press back button?
    2.How can i get the call back in default Stack process like activity is
    adding the stack and deleting the stack?
     
    Pls help me
     
    --
    *Thanks & Regards*
    *K.Arun Kumar*

     

    Sebastian Mayer <sebioff@gmail.com> Mar 26 11:28AM +0100  

    Thanks for the explanation and workaround!
     

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group android-developers.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment