Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[android-developers] Re: Map of the building and drawing Route from Source to Destination

This sounds exactly like Mapquest but indoors.  


Instead of streets, you have corridors.  


Instead of destinations like Starbucks, you'll have stuff more like "Joe's Office."


I have written something like Mapquest before.  It used the A star pathfinding algorithm.


Contrary to intuition, the streets were nodes on the graph while the places were edges.


Thanks.


 


On Monday, April 8, 2013 1:48:52 AM UTC-5, XXXX wrote:
Hi,

I am working on a navigation project, wherein the strangers/visually impaired people can navigate themselves without anyone's help. I am using WiFi routers.
I have uploaded floormap of the building on cloud sever. 

My app will prompt for destination address. Since the person is Blind/stranger, its the speech input. We are converting to text. I have used API for Speech to Text conversion.

Based on the current location and destination address, my android app will provide directions to the persons. 

When I try to retrieve the current location from the cloud server, I am getting the information in JSON format.

I wrote a small program to get the current location using android programming and I am succesfully getting the same by sending information to the server. As soon as I request to the server, the server is sending the info is JSON format.

Now, my next step is to draw the map as the stranger can see through which way he is going. I am struck here. How can I draw the map which can correlate to the lat and lon values of the floor map present on the cloud server? 

How to draw the route from the current location to the destination location within the building?

Triangulation algorithm is running on the server. Can you please suggest me how to proceed? I am in desperate need of help.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment