Thursday, April 25, 2013

[android-developers] Re: AcousticEchoCanceler

Are you testing this in voice chat, video conferencing, or a SIP call?

Thanks.



On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:38:44 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
I'm try to determine if this class works, or is hardware dependent, etc.  I have not been able to 
observe a difference between when it is turned on and turned off.  Testing on a GS3 and a Nexus S,
I find that the GS3 really doesn't echo at all, regardless of whether the AEC is on or off, and the
Nexus S always echos, regardless of whether the AEC is on or off.

Does anyone have any experience with this class, or know which devices support this capability.

It is entirely possible that I am not using the class correctly due to very limited documentation.

In my code, I have an AudioRecord object from which I extract the sessionID, and also use that to
set the sessionID of the AudioTrack (for playback).  I create an AcousticEchoCanceler using this
sessionID.  I can then use the AEC method to turn cancellation on and off, and query the state.
If this report as expected.  AEC is available of the devices running 4.1 and above, and by
default it is disabled.   I can then enable it, and check to see if it is enabled, and it is.

I am accessing this through reflection because I am building with an older SDK that doesn't 
support the AEC class.

C.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment