Thursday, June 24, 2010

[android-developers] Android can't read wave files

I am a new Android user, Verizon Droid and I love the product and I
don't know how to get an answer so I hope you can help me. I could
not read wave files emailed to me from my answering service and their
technician said:

<beginning of technicain comments>
Regarding the Verizon Droid user playing "wav" files. I did a little
research and found this to be a problem for many, many, Droid owners.
Our wav files are GSM 6.10 audio format, 13kbps bit rate, mono, 8kHz
sample rate. Droid does not support the GSM 6.10 wav encoding format.
Many voice mail systems, answering services, and MagicJack use this
format. Neither the Droid manufacturer (Motorola) nor Google has a fix
this problem yet.

I did find reference to a $3 program available for the Droid that may
help our customer out though. Since we don't have a Droid to play
with, I can't tell you if it will work or not. The program is called
"Remote Wave".
<end of technicain comments>

SO, I purchased this program at the Android market. Remote Wave from
Walter Yongtao Wang and I have 24 hours to get a refund. It did not
work nor could I get my money back. At this point I am hoping that
remote wave will get updated and work.

As a businessman that is investing in the success of Android, I feel
it is important to point out how the market feels and the above
comments from an IS person needs to be solved. I am an advocate for
Android and I will help out as needed on this problem. Thank you for
your support!

KISS2 Principle

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment