Saturday, June 26, 2010

[android-developers] Error in an XML file eclipse

Hi All,

I am new to android development and I am trying out the HelloWorld
example.
Seems realy simple but eclipse seems to have some problems. Tried
searching for a solution but couldn't find any. Maybe one of you can
put me on the right track.
Pretty frustrated here.

I get an error when I want to create the strings.xml file:
when I open the already default string.xml file in the project I get
the error:
An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException

The file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
<string name="app_name">Android the best but this sux</string>
<string name="hello">Hello all this is a android app</string>
</resources>

What is wrong. I can not seem to find it....

My machine:
OS: Windows 7 64 bit enterprise

Eclipse: Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

Installed 32 and 64 bit java latest version.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment