Tuesday, June 15, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Connect two android phones over 3g/edge

I've tried this previously for iPhones and usually the network blocks
outgoing ports, so you can only connect them via a server.

On Jun 11, 4:50 pm, WuffIT Tech <wuffi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to this forum and I would like to throw out this question and
> hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I am developing
> an Android application and I would like to setup a tcp/ip type of
> connection between two Android phones using the 3G/Edge network. My
> test version will establish a connection if I have both phones on a
> lan using wifi but when I use T-Mobile's network a connection is not
> established. Could this issue be a port or ip address? Thanks in
> advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment