Tuesday, June 15, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Game Stuttering

I'm developing some games too, but when I want to find some articles
about the code optimisation, I find nothing.
I'm very interesting about how you can make your games has no GC when
it's running.
Thank you very much!

On Jun 15, 5:28 pm, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Charlie.
>
> Funny, I have exactly the same issue as you. I'm developing a game,
> where the sprite rendering is based loosely upon the google example
> SpriteMethodTest (using 2D Canvas drawing). I've gone through the code
> with a fine tooth comb, and applied all the tips for game
> optimisation, used DDMS, used the apd tracking tool, and still there
> are occasional stutters.
>
> Like you, I get no GC during the game. Also, I've tested on two
> devices (Hero 1.5 and Nexus 2.1) and it's the same.
>
> The game is looking playable, but it could be improved.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment