Saturday, June 26, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Moto Droid ADB Drivers no longer work after HTC Evo was used.

I ran into the same problem connecting both the Evo 4G and Droid to my
Windows 7 Tablet PC. After installing the HTC software off the Evo's
SD card, the Droid stopped working. I guess I did update a lot of SDK
stuff around then too, so that's also a potential factor.

I did eventually get both phones working at once. Basically I just
tried lots of combinations of removing everything HTC/Motorola in
remove programs, reinstalling them, connecting and disconnecting
devices, and the star of the show: right clicking on devices in the
device manager and choosing to update their drivers and picking a
different one from the list of applicable drivers. You can use this,
for example, to change a "Mot Composite ADB Interface" to an "Android
Composite ADB Interface" by choosing the Android drivers instead of
Motorola's.

My currently working setup doesn't even have Motorola's software
installed, but does have HTC's. There are several "Android Composite
ADB Interface" for the Droid and other phones, and one "My HTC", no
"Mot Composite ADB Interface". Kind of sad HTC screwed everything up,
but I had to uninstall Motorola, but whatever. Although if you have
something pointing to a removed directory somehow I'd try fixing that
first via similar right-clicking on devices and updating methods.
Although I suspect what you are talking about there might just be a
helpful last used location for something copied into system32/drivers
anyway.

On Jun 26, 12:52 pm, pcm2a <reeeye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still have no resolution for this issue.
>
> I have tried uninstalling and removing every single DLL that hte
> Android SDK USB Drivers comes with from my system.  Afterwards I
> installed the Motorola USB Drivers.  Next I plug in the Droid and all
> it does it keep erroring out looking for the old sdk usb folder, which
> I removed.
>
> On Jun 25, 11:52 am, pcm2a <reeeye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have owned my Droid since day 1 and I have been doing Android
> > development, with ADB working, on my Windows 2003 Server laptop all
> > this time.  I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
>
> > Things to note right off the bat:
> > - Motorola Droid 2.1
> > - Windows Server 2003 laptop
> > - ADB has worked perfectly with this for ~ 8 months
>
> > My work gave me a HTC Evo to do some development on. I installed the
> > HTC drivers, ADB worked fine, did my development and now I am done
> > with the Evo. The problem is my Droid no longer works with ADB.
>
> > Here are some steps that I have tried:
>
> > Attempt A:
> > 1. In device manager I have listed Android Phone->Android ADB
> > Interface
> > 2. Right click->Uninstall
> > 3. Scan for new hardware->Device shows up
> > 4. Select this device, pick the usb drivers that come with the SDK
> > 5. Various items install like ADB and Moto A855
> > 6. Device manager looks exactly as it did in step 1.
> > 7. ADB Doesnt work
>
> > Attempt B:
> > 1. Start up USBDeview
> > 2. Delete the HTC entry, Delete all the Motorola A855 entries
> > 3. Go through the steps in Attempt A.
> > 4. ADB Doesnt work
>
> > Attempt C:
> > 1. Download Motorola 4.6.0 driver package and install it
> > 2. Uninstall the current driver in device manager
> > 3. Scan for drivers automatically
> > 4. Drivers from SDK are automatically used
> > 5. ADB not working
> > 6. Go back and pick "have disk" for the driver. Tried every driver
> > than came with Mtorola 4.6.0 driver package and none would install.
>
> > Now I'm just stumped. Also important to note that the phone and ADB
> > still work fine on other computers that I never installed the HTC
> > drivers on.
>
> > Thanks for any tips!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment