Saturday, June 26, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Moto Droid ADB Drivers no longer work after HTC Evo was used.

When I choose "Dont search I will choose the driver to install" I only
get two things listed:
- Android ADB Interface
- USB Compisite Interface

After installing and reinstalling the Motorola drivers 100 times I was
hoping to see something extra in this list but nothing ever changes.

On Jun 26, 1:47 pm, Lance Nanek <lna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran into the same problem connecting both the Evo 4G and Droid to my
> Windows 7 Tablet PC. After installing the HTC software off the Evo's
> SD card, the Droid stopped working. I guess I did update a lot of SDK
> stuff around then too, so that's also a potential factor.
>
> I did eventually get both phones working at once. Basically I just
> tried lots of combinations of removing everything HTC/Motorola in
> remove programs, reinstalling them, connecting and disconnecting
> devices, and the star of the show: right clicking on devices in the
> device manager and choosing to update their drivers and picking a
> different one from the list of applicable drivers. You can use this,
> for example, to change a "Mot Composite ADB Interface" to an "Android
> Composite ADB Interface" by choosing the Android drivers instead of
> Motorola's.
>
> My currently working setup doesn't even have Motorola's software
> installed, but does have HTC's. There are several "Android Composite
> ADB Interface" for the Droid and other phones, and one "My HTC", no
> "Mot Composite ADB Interface". Kind of sad HTC screwed everything up,
> but I had to uninstall Motorola, but whatever. Although if you have
> something pointing to a removed directory somehow I'd try fixing that
> first via similar right-clicking on devices and updating methods.
> Although I suspect what you are talking about there might just be a
> helpful last used location for something copied into system32/drivers
> anyway.
>
> On Jun 26, 12:52 pm, pcm2a <reeeye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Still have no resolution for this issue.
>
> > I have tried uninstalling and removing every single DLL that hte
> > Android SDK USB Drivers comes with from my system.  Afterwards I
> > installed the Motorola USB Drivers.  Next I plug in the Droid and all
> > it does it keep erroring out looking for the old sdk usb folder, which
> > I removed.
>
> > On Jun 25, 11:52 am, pcm2a <reeeye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have owned my Droid since day 1 and I have been doing Android
> > > development, with ADB working, on my Windows 2003 Server laptop all
> > > this time.  I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
>
> > > Things to note right off the bat:
> > > - Motorola Droid 2.1
> > > - Windows Server 2003 laptop
> > > - ADB has worked perfectly with this for ~ 8 months
>
> > > My work gave me a HTC Evo to do some development on. I installed the
> > > HTC drivers, ADB worked fine, did my development and now I am done
> > > with the Evo. The problem is my Droid no longer works with ADB.
>
> > > Here are some steps that I have tried:
>
> > > Attempt A:
> > > 1. In device manager I have listed Android Phone->Android ADB
> > > Interface
> > > 2. Right click->Uninstall
> > > 3. Scan for new hardware->Device shows up
> > > 4. Select this device, pick the usb drivers that come with the SDK
> > > 5. Various items install like ADB and Moto A855
> > > 6. Device manager looks exactly as it did in step 1.
> > > 7. ADB Doesnt work
>
> > > Attempt B:
> > > 1. Start up USBDeview
> > > 2. Delete the HTC entry, Delete all the Motorola A855 entries
> > > 3. Go through the steps in Attempt A.
> > > 4. ADB Doesnt work
>
> > > Attempt C:
> > > 1. Download Motorola 4.6.0 driver package and install it
> > > 2. Uninstall the current driver in device manager
> > > 3. Scan for drivers automatically
> > > 4. Drivers from SDK are automatically used
> > > 5. ADB not working
> > > 6. Go back and pick "have disk" for the driver. Tried every driver
> > > than came with Mtorola 4.6.0 driver package and none would install.
>
> > > Now I'm just stumped. Also important to note that the phone and ADB
> > > still work fine on other computers that I never installed the HTC
> > > drivers on.
>
> > > Thanks for any tips!- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment