Tuesday, June 15, 2010

[android-developers] Switching Signing Keys

Hello,

My company has developed and released an application and we now find
ourselves in need of signing the application with a different
signature than the one we originally used (I'll spare you the story
behind this). The goal is to make a release of the app with a new
signature, and have this overwrite the old version.

I know that I can't just sign the app with the new key, because the
system will not allow the new app to overwrite the old one. And I
can't change the package name because then it won't overwrite the old
version.

After reading the Signing Strategies section of the Signing Your
Applications article (link below), I thought that if I signed the app
with the both the new and old keys the system would allow me to
overwrite the old app but that's not the case. I still get the same
"INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES" as I did when I tried
to install the app that was signed only with the new signature.

http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html#strategies

Does any one have any advice on how to go about doing this?

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment