Wednesday, June 9, 2010

[android-developers] VirtualKeyboard not updating EditText

Hi all,
hope not to post an already answered question, but i didn't find it
searching in the forum.
My problem is:
I have two edit text on an activity, the first does not have any
filter, the second is "inputType:"number".
When I click on this second, the virtualkeyboard appear, but when I
click on numbers only the first one appear on the edit text. Then,
when I hide the virtual keyboard, all the numbers I have clicked
appear.
The worst is that:
1) this does not happen when I use version 1.5, but only with
following version;
2) this does not happen with the other edittext;
3) when using the "real" keyboard, there is no problem;
4) I have also tried copying the same xml settings from the "working"
edittext, with no success.
5) my last try was to intercept the key pressed with OnKeyListener,
manually setting the text with the pressed char, but even with that
the edittext got updated only AFTER the virtualkeyboard disappear;
6) on some posts I read that maybe the problem is that virtual
keyboard events does not flows exactly like the "real" keyboard ones,
but I could not get further.
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment