Saturday, June 5, 2010

Re: [android-developers] Multitasking on Android - Why So Incredibly Bad?

I'm pretty sure the browser is using a lot of memory, and the OS is perfectly within its rights to close the application when it's in the background - but not without saving the state first.

I'm currently testing with more free phone storage memory (previously about 22MB free, now 53MB), and so far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem (only the reloading - the entire browser just being gone hasn't happened so far).

Is it possible that the saved states are placed in the same storage space that installed applications occupy? That would explain the change in symptoms... will get another log when I get home later.

On 5 Jun 2010 19:02, "Frank Weiss" <feweiss@gmail.com> wrote:

This might be a longshot. Perhaps it's not the browser, but the web pages. If you have many browser windows open, each web page contributes to memory pressure. I have the same experience on my desktop with 2 GB. After power browsing for a while - that is, having multiple open tabs for several days - I frequently have to close the browser because the system gets sluggish. This happens for both IE and FF. In my case, I keep SFGate and Gmail open.
 
Of course, I'm just speculating. Is there any easy way to check the Android browser's memory usage relative to the other applications?
 
 

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment