Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Re: [android-developers] Re: sendWallpaperCommand() behavior changed in 2.2

You can use sendWallpaperCommand() to send your own commands if you wish.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:24 AM, String <sterling.udell@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've figured this one out on my own. Once I stopped looking for a
> built-in way to ping a live wallpaper (as the docs would have you
> believe sendWallpaperCommand() is), I realized that it was easy enough
> to just register a BroadcastReceiver for a refresh action of my own
> making. Works fine.
>
> String
>
> On Jun 1, 12:33 pm, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 1, 10:48 am, Romain Guy <romain...@android.com> wrote:
>>
>> > From where are you sending a command? Commands are supposed to be sent
>> > by the Home application.
>>
>> I see; that's not mentioned in the docs. I'm sending a command from
>> elsewhere in my own app (not a Home app, btw), essentially telling the
>> wallpaper to refresh itself under various circumstances.
>>
>> So, it sounds like sendWallpaperCommand() isn't the right way to be
>> doing this. Any recommendations for a better approach? I wouldn't mind
>> sending it an Intent, but I'm not clear how to reach it with one.
>>
>> String
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romainguy@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time
to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on
public forums, where I and others can see and answer them

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment