Friday, September 3, 2010

[android-developers] Custom Account Preferences using AccountManager / AccountAuthenticators

HI All,

I've currently been able to make my own authenticator services which
are picked up by the account manager. I can create, delete, modify,
etc via the AccountManager class.

The 'AbstractAccountAuthenticator' class documentation here:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/accounts/AbstractAccountAuthenticator.html
describes setting up an preference xml file to do custom account based
preferences.

I am able to make custom account preference via this method which show
up on the 'AccountSyncSettings' activity for each managed account. My
preferences have persistent state which imply they are saved somewhere
but I don't know where. Also I don't know how to access those
preferences from other applications/activity. I've scoured the file
system on my nexusone and cannot see my particular key/value pairs
anywhere.

This "SampleSyncAdapter" sample code from google does not use custom
account preferences but I have seen other apps on the marketplace take
advantage of this successfully. So I feel it's possible

Does anyone know where / how to access this info?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment