Friday, September 3, 2010

[android-developers] Filtering based on fpu

I'm using floating point stuff with the NDK (I was told to post here
instead of android-ndk; i really hate this moderator system btw).
However, when I deploy the device, I get a crash on the HTC Hero. This
is probably because it has no fpu. I want some way to restrict my app
to only those devices with an fpu. Is there any way to do that with
the manifest file? The best I can do is restrict to OpenGL 1.1 but
that is having certain other undesired consequences (e.g., game not
showing up in marketplace for Samsung Galaxy S users). Stringly
speaking, I"m using OpenGL ES 1.0 with floating point and so just need
to be able to reflect that somehow in the filtering. Please help as
this is an urgent issue.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment