Wednesday, September 8, 2010

[android-developers] How to debug web page on device?

(Tried to post this yesterday, but don't think it made it. Apologies
if you get it twice!)


Hi all,

There's a third party web page which renders fine in the emulator and
some Android devices. However, it doesn't look as intended on my
Galaxy S. The page is almost only JavaScript so it's hard to know
what's going wrong by just looking at the source. I get the same error
in the browser as I get in a WebView in my app. I haven't been able to
reproduce the error in any other environment than on my phone.

How do people debug these kind of things? I'm looking for something
similar to "Developer Tools" in Chrome. If I at least could dump the
state of the DOM that would help a lot.

Apparently getting access to a WebView's DOM from Java isn't currently
supported [1], otherwise that would do.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance,
Jonas


[1] http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=368

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment