Wednesday, September 8, 2010

[android-developers] Styling text with internationalisation

Hi,

I have some text which I would like to style with colour, for example:

"I jump in the red bus."

I would like red to be in red so I'm using:
SpannableStringBuilder

This works really nicely - but I'm guessing that if I want to put red into another language, especially one which uses cases, this will become a problem.

By case, I mean the word red might change its spelling based on its use (maybe it has the preposition in tacked on the end of "red" or maybe there is an ending signifying that "in" is accusative rather than dative (maybe I'm jumping within the bus rather than moving into it from outside the bus)).

Is there a standard way to deal with styling text based on different languages?

Regards,
Julius.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment