Wednesday, February 23, 2011

[android-developers] Is anybody using amazon S3 for uploading files from android?

Hi there,

I am trying to upload image file from my android app to
amazon s3.The problem is that the files are not getting properly
uploaded to S3.

I am using PutObjectRequest as follows to upload file to S3

PutObjectRequest p=new PutObjectRequest(String

Bucketname,Stirng key,InputStream in,ObjectMetadata metadata);

Upload myUpload = tx.upload(p);

//In ObjectMetadata argument I am passing only the content length

When viewed through AWS management console to check the properties of
the uploaded file, I could see
only 32 Bytes of 5.2 KB image file getting uploaded.

Also, under the Metadata tab of the file in the AWS console, I am able
to see the value of the file as "application/octet-stream" instead of
"image/jpeg"

I tried doing Multipart upload but it seems to be complex.

Could somebody help me with this???????

Thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment