Wednesday, February 9, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Android SDK HELP

Would the fact that I am running on this on Windows XP SP3 be the
problem?
Is the latest SDK Tools rev 9 NOT compatible with Win XP SP3? If that
is
the case will I need to revert back all the versions of SDK and
Eclipse I have
installed? Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is
causing
a fairly large mess.

Thanks again

On Feb 10, 2:15 am, kypriakos <demet...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
> The latest update is that I was finally able to upgrade the SDK Tools
> from
> rev 6 to rev 9. I noticed that the emulator is still in the tools
> directory
> but the adb is in the platform-tools directory. I am assuming this is
> normal?
> I also installed SDK 2.3.3 and 2.3.1.
>
> I can compile my various projects with their respective SDKs (1.6,
> 2.1, 2.2)
> so that's working fine. HOWEVER, when I run the emulator on AVDs
> generated
> by 1.6 or 2.1 or now with 2.3.3 I get a Windows error saying that the
> application
> has crashed and it needs to close - sorry for the inconvenience ...
> what??
> Why all the sudden can I not run the emulator??
>
> Thanks
>
> On Feb 10, 1:03 am, kypriakos <demet...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
> > And during the upgrade the 2.1 SDK rev 1 I have was being upgraded
> > to 2.1 SDK rev 2. However, the AVD manager failed to move the
> > android_2.1
> > folder of rev1 into the android\temp directory complaining that
> > something
> > has locked the directory ... nothing is locking the directory, adb is
> > not
> > running and in fact I am not using any projects that use 2.1 tonight.
> > What is going on? When I try to move the directory myself it complains
> > about the layoutlib file being used by something .. is Eclipse locking
> > it?
> > And if it is how is then this upgrade supposed to occur since it does
> > occur via the Eclipse IDE?? This may be messing a lot of my setup
> > up and it will cost me time to recover. Any ideas please?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > On Feb 10, 12:26 am, kypriakos <demet...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:> Hi all,
>
> > > I have projects in Eclipse that use Android 1.6, 2.1 and 2,2 and the
> > > Android SDK revision
> > > I use is 6. I wanted to try and run the apps I have for 2.2 onto 2.3.1
> > > and 2.3.3 so I tried
> > > installing those versions but the AVD manager would not allow me
> > > unless I update the
> > > Eclipse Android plug in. So I did that. Before I went back to upgrade
> > > teh SDK revision
> > > to 9 from 6 I tried to compile my projects anyway but the compilation
> > > didn't occur - is
> > > this because I need now to upgrade the SDK tools to 9? Will that
> > > affect my older
> > > projects (1.6 and 2.1)?
>
> > > Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment