Sunday, February 6, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Bluetooth - Health Device Profile (HDP) and Continua

I guess u should look at how other profiles have registered for their
SDP records and do the same for HDP.

For example look at OPP.

You can check for files like sdptool.c where u can add u r code for
registering ur sdp records.

Did this help u?


On Feb 2, 12:45 pm, John <mrjhopk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build an application that connects to Continua
> certified client devices using Bluetooth. The primary problem I have
> run into is that I cannot create a service discovery profile (SDP)
> because it crashes when I try to call sdp_record_register.  I could
> have a bug in my code, but from my research it looks like the process
> requires root permission to register the SDP record.
>
> I used a code sample fromhttp://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x604.html
> to try and register a RFCOMM SDP record and added log statements so I
> know it is the call to sdp_record_register that is failing.
>
> Am I correct with my assumption that it is not possible to create SDP
> records and therefore not possible to implement Bluetooth HDP?
>
> If I am wrong, can you point me in the correct direction to implement
> the Bluetooth HDP with implementing the Continua Specification as the
> final goal?
>
> If I am correct, who can I work with and/or what steps can I take to
> help make the Bluetooth HDP part of the official Android SDK?
>
> Thank you,
> -John

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment