Tuesday, February 1, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Communicating with the browser

Hi all,

I am still struggling with this one. I cannot really find the part of
the code
in the source that deals with the communications between the android
native browser and remote servers. Any ideas? I am trying to test the
cross-origin resource sharing capabilities of the browser which seems
to be working half way so far. I see the OPTIONS headers getting
generated
but when the remote server responds with the authentication headers
nothing occurs beyond that.

Thanks very much in advance

On Jan 28, 12:46 pm, kypriakos <demet...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> if I run a client (any kind of a client, let's say javascript) on the
> native
> browser which access a remote web server and retrieves a page
> I can theoritically intercept that request and have a local agent
> return to the browser (on the socket that it was writing to) a
> response
> using standard HTTP headers in test. Yes? I can easily do that
> with many browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari etc.). Does anyone know as
> to why I cannot do this in Android and its native browser? I have been
> trying to go over the com.android.browser and the commons HTTP
> libs from the source but are not too easy to follow. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment