Sunday, February 13, 2011

[android-developers] Re: What parameters are needed send C2DM messages?

After some more research, i decided to collect the GoogleLogin auth
from the phone and send it to the application server which sends C2DM
message.

However, in order to do that, I've to ask for the user's credentials
in my app. Is it possible to get the credentials of the default
registered user on the phone programmatically and get the auth token?

thanks,
Jay

On Feb 12, 11:44 pm, Indu <isadas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am writing the third party application server part of the C2DM
> messages. I've signed up and have the following:
> sender_id = my...@abc.com
> application_id = mycompany.test
>
> Using the above two pieces of information I can register on the mobile
> and can send the registration id to my application sever. Now, to send
> a message to the device through google serverhttps://android.clients.google.com/c2dm/send
> I have the data for parameters: registration_id, data, etc.
>
> My question is how do I get the client login auth information
> (GoogleLogin auth) that is needed in the header? Should the mobile
> application collect user information and get the login auth
> information on the phone and send it to the third party server? Or
> should the mobile application user send the Google credentials to the
> third party server and the server stores it? Or is there any other
> way?
>
> Also, what should be in the collapse_key?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment