Monday, February 7, 2011

[android-developers] Task killer kills my application but android restarts my service, which i dont want

Hello All,

I have service running in background and notification is shown in GUI.

When i do force close from application=>manage application, my
service, application and icon in notification bar goes off.

But when i kill my application via TaskKiller application, my service
stopped and then Android OS restarts service(i can see from logcat)
and icon in my notification area remains. while my background work (of
downloading image) is closed.

I return START_STICKY (also tried with STArT_NOT_STICKY flag) from
OnStartCommand(), but no luck. My GUI activity, binds to service via
Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE, is it because of that flag?

What should i do if i want my application,service and notification
area icon to go off, when application is killed by task killer.

I have searched through

Thanks in advance.
JRC

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment