Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Updating SQLite from a webserver

I can see all three of your responses (reading Groups over POP3 email).

-- Kostya

23.02.2011 6:37, DanH пишет:
> Hmmpff!! I made three attempts to post the "right" answer, but Google
> dumped them on the floor. If you want to know how to do it, contact
> me offline.
>
> On Feb 22, 8:06 pm, Damien Cooke<cooke.dam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What I did was I created a patch file of sorts. I created a xml file that
>> had sql statements embedded. The file was versioned. This way I kept the on
>> phone processing to a minimum.
>> Damien.
>>
>> sent from my HTC Desire
>>
>> On 23/02/2011 9:42 AM, "feeder1803"<d.arenas.riv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi! I am starting to work with Android and SQLite and I have some
>> doubts regarding the database update. I have a SQLite database in my
>> application with a supermarket catalog. As the catalog doesn't change
>> a lot, I would like to update it from a webserver that I own. The
>> problem is that I am not really sure of how to do it with the maximum
>> performance.
>>
>> I don't want to download the whole database because it would be too
>> big, I've thought of placing an xml file in the server with the
>> registers that have changed and the new values to download it and
>> parse it on the phone generating SQL queries to update, delete or
>> insert.
>>
>> Another approach woul be updating the app but I think this would be
>> slower as it would download the whole database.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en


--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment