Wednesday, March 30, 2011

[android-developers] How to Create a 1x1 Widget Frame?

I suppose that this is more of a graphics question than an Android SDK
question but maybe I can get some help anyway.

I downloaded the 2x1 widget frame from the Developers Guidelines page.
This frame scales to 1x1 without an issue if I set the
minHeight/minWidget parameters accordingly in the providers file.

My problem is that the widget appears to have margins that are getting
in my way and the background is opaque.

How can I remove the margins from that widget (I want to display my text
centered horizontally and vertically but need more display area) and how
do I change the background to make it translucent?

I am working on a Ubuntu VirtualBox and tried working with Gimp but
could not figure anything out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or, better yet, just point me
to a proper .png that I can use?

Thanks.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment