Thursday, March 31, 2011

[android-developers] Time.class in Android an locales...

Hi,

In one of my activities i am implementing my DatePicker using the
Time.class. Since according to the api
The Time class is a faster replacement for the java.util.Calendar and
java.util.GregorianCalendar classes.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/text/format/Time.html

I have managed to set my applications locale programatically by
extending Application
and setting Locale.setDefault(locale); The datepicker dialog are in
my activity are now showing up in my preferred locale.

However if a try and format it.....

Time mytime = new Time();
mytime.format(%x);

The formatted text is always my systems locale i.e Greek,Spanish
etc...
I see that upon format() method... it calls

final Locale locale = Locale.getDefault();
final Resources r = Resources.getSystem();


Is there any way to fix this...

Thanks in advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment