Monday, May 30, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Slow motion video

IF this was answered I apologize
But I have not been receiving mail from the android-developers mailing list since friday
anyhow that has been fixed.

Are there any ideas on how to implement slow motion ?

Is there a way to tap into or Override the VideoView play thread ?

Or should I use something else ?

Currently I have my own control buttons and a progress slider (to control speed I hope)
When I click the Play button I call VideoView's start();

thanks again and sorry if this was already answered.

On May 24, 2011, at 7:19 PM, TheBear wrote:

> I am able to play back video using the mediaplayer with the standard
> video control buttons.
>
> My question is how can I use a slider /progress bar to act as a play
> back speed.
> which function would I have to override and how.
> basically
>
> while not end of movie
> play next frame
> sleep (value of progress bar (0 - 100) * 4000);
>
> this way when the slider/progress bar is at 0 sleep is 0; thus there
> is NO delay in playback
>
> when the slider is at 100 then sleep is 40,000, thus there is a 40
> second delay between frames causing the video to slow.
>
> As you can see I have a concept but I am not sure of the routines, I
> found reference to play a frame
> but could not find any examples and it would appear that it is now
> depreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment