Friday, June 17, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Emulator shows the lock screen rather than my app's screen for the first time. "MENU" key has to be clicked.

The problem is that by the time the emulator has finished al lthe
initialization, the phone has timed out and locked the screen. So no,
there is no solution. We all just live with it.

Now I suppose if you had a fast enough host computer for running the
emulation, and a smaller SD card (one of the really time-consuming
steps is initializing that card), you MIGHT be able to get the time
down. But for other reasons, using a small SD card is unrealistic. So
again, most of us just live with it. It really is not that hard to do.

On Jun 14, 3:02 pm, jonathanz <jonathan.zh...@panasonic.aero> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm relatively new to Android development. The issue above has been
> observed by several of my colleagues. I have not found a satisfactory
> solution through search engines. To reproduce it:
>
> Start Eclipse. Create/open any simple "HelloWorld" Android project
> that has a simple UI. Run the app. This will bring up the emulator.
> After a few minutes, the lock screen appears on the emulator, rather
> than the expected "HelloWorld" default Activity screen. And I have to
> click "MENU" key to have my app's screen show up. To me this is an
> extra step, or a little bit frustrating, or confusing.
>
> Note that this does not happen in subsequent runs of my app, which is
> good.
>
> This is my development environment: Ubuntu 2.6.32 32-bit; Eclipse SDK
> 3.5.2; Android 2.3.3.
>
> Is this (showing the lock screen rather than my app's screen for the
> first time) by design?
>
> How can I skip this extra step?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Jonathan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment