Friday, June 17, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Re: Why does home screen widget confuse land/port images?

Sorry took a little long to reply...  I kept trying to narrow the cause.  I tried what you said place images under drawable-hdpi and drawable-land-hdpi. I also tried just drawable and drawable-land.  I have made sure I removed all images from the widget from this folders to avoid any mistakes testing on my end.

Up to now what I've noticed is it doesn't matter if the land and port images are the same dimensions or different, the issue still occurs.

Something important to reproducing the issue I noticed is that make sure the call setImageViewResource(...) is never called in port mode otherwise  you will not see this issue. The call to setImageViewResource has to happen while you are inside an application in land mode.

I have simplified my application to just that one call setImageViewResource when a particular intent is received.  After so much testing I'm starting to think this is a bug in android...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment