Wednesday, June 22, 2011

[android-developers] "translated" onKeyDown

Hello,

I'm using an onKeyDown to receive keys and it works good for soft and
hard keyboards, but all I receive is keyCodes and scanCodes. I don't
want this.

I don't want to have to deal with shift and alt to discover what key
the user pressed. I don't need to receive every key the user press
(shift and alt for exemple), I just want to receive the real char like
numbers, simbols, capital/lower letters.

So I think I'm actualy using the wrong listener, It should be
onCharAvailable instead of onKeyDown if you know what I mean.

Thank you for any help

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment