Monday, August 1, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Alias Resources XML in OpenGL

Bump. Any ideas about the problem above?

I'm having another issue now. I placed an AdView on top of my
GLSurfaceView to show admob ads in game. It works in FroYo 2.2 or
below, but in Gingerbread 2.3 the ad does not show! I would like a
solution to this, maybe some special tweak to the AdView or the Views
that it is a member of? I am not sure why 2.3 broke this for me.

Thanks!

On Jun 6, 2:45 am, Matt <drko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, hoping I can get some help here... I have a game on the market
> already, Sean McNulty Skateboarding, that uses OpenGL to load bitmaps
> using this
>
> plane.loadBitmap(BitmapFactory.decodeResource(getResources(),
>                                 R.drawable.board),12);
>
> But I have 5 different folders all with the same 55 images, some high
> res most medium res. I have ldpi, mdpi, hdpi, large, and now large-
> hdpi (for Galaxy Tab). The game should be only around 3 mb but all of
> these copies of the same image have made the game over 6 mb.
>
> I cannot use a nodpi folder because some devices will not find the
> resource if it is not in the standard folder (i.e. drawable-hdpi) but
> it is in the nodpi folder. Most devices will find it but a tester of
> my game said on a HD2 with Android this method just shows a white box
> instead of the proper texture.
>
> And I have tried to make the .xml filealiasand point it to the
> drawable folder, like in this post:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/threa...
>
> My game will compile and run but the bitmap will not load, it will
> just show a white box. What I tried looked something like this:
>
> Resourcesres = getResources();
>
> BitmapDrawable bd = (BitmapDrawable)
> res.getDrawable(R.drawable.skater1)
>
> plane.loadBitmap(bd.getBitmap(),12);
>
> The bitmap should get passed to my GLSurfaceView Renderer, then added
> as an OpenGL texture. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment